Help me to buy more Gundam by clicking those ads~

Sunday, April 28, 2013

MECHA LEG MECHANISM AND CONCEPTS


I want to share about mecha leg concept which I think this might becoming helpful for us if we are seeking for an idea to scratch build the mechanism and the design of the leg. There are various types of mechanism here which I believed at least a pair of piston is required for the flexibility of the leg. As for my upcoming project, I need to prepare the very easy mechanism which require me to less scratch build the parts since im going to produce 12 of it. My upcoming project will be MG Twin Cater-Ball Train. This photo references will help to imagine and structuring the upcoming outcome for the build.








1 comment:

  1. Hello, i just ran into this blog, on accident, looking for stop motion armature ideas to create my own stop motion puppets or Dioramas based heavily on robots. inspired by the design of the Cain robot, of Robocop 2 fame, I've always wanted to make the Cain frame, if not my own or from shared ideas, that being said I was wondering if I may ask to recreate your #5 of 9 mecha leg, pictured above. The leg and it's parts would be all aluminum and other metals to make it poseable. I'd figure I'd ask permission for use of the design. If you give me permission I might need a little help with the inner details of the leg, how it all comes together and its workings. I would also need the opposing leg detail, too. Also, if there is a whole concept these legs belong to, as in a whole robot design, I wouldn't mind machining a whole robot. though, I couldn't pay you to use your design, I can make Two of these concepts for both our collections

    ReplyDelete